THE FUTURES OF LEGAL EDUCATION AND PRACTICE ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2018
The Open University Law School and the Legal Education Research Network are holding its annual Futures of Legal Education and Practice conference on Wednesday, 19th and Thursday, 20th September from 10.30am – 4.30pm at the Open University’s Milton Keynes campus (Michael Young Building, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA).
Proposal deadline is 5pm on Friday, 15th June
0 Has Sold
This conference will give participants the opportunity to explore the current and potential opportunities and challenges both facing legal education and legal practice. The conference will include keynote speakers, a plenary panel and a number of streams covering a diverse and exciting range of topics and formats.
Proposals are now welcomed for inclusion within these streams. These can take the form of individual, 20 minute papers and panels or interactive workshops of up to an hour and a half. Any proposals relating to the futures of legal education and/or legal practice will be considered, but potential themes could include:
- Uses of, and innovations in, technology within legal education and/or legal practice.
- The role of ethics and values within legal education and/or legal practice.
- The role of affect and wellbeing in legal education and/or legal practice.
- Legal education and employability.
- Uses of, and innovations in, learning theories in legal education.
- Proposed reforms to the law school curriculum, including the impact of the Solicitors Qualifying Examination.
- The relationship between the law degree and the legal profession more generally.
- The role of regulators and other key stakeholders within the legal profession.
- The competency frameworks for solicitors and barristers.
- Professional identity within the legal profession.
Proposals (not exceeding 500 words) should be submitted to Emma Jones by email at OULS-Futures@open.ac.uk no later than 5pm on Friday, 15th June. Any questions should also be addressed to Emma at OULS-Futures@open.ac.uk.
06Jun6th June 2018 £0.00 This event has passed
Scottish University Law Clinic Network Conference£0.00 View Details
28Jun28th June 2018 £15.00 This event has passed
CLEO Workshop – The SQE – Fit for purpose? Fit for Pro Bono?£15.00 View Details
28Nov28th November 2018 Unlimited tickets
Monash University Faculty of Law and the International Journal of Clinical Legal Education Conference 2018View Details